Submitted by San Juan Islands National Monument Advisory Committee
Nominations are being sought for the ever popular San Juan Islands National Monument Advisory Committee, until Feb. 24.
The committee is getting to the exciting stage of planning — implementation.
The group is hoping to have outstanding candidates for the positions representing wildlife/ecological agencies; the public at large; local government; private landowners; and tribal communities.
Nominations from last summer are still in the hat; this is just the committee resuming a regular national call schedule.
There is one position to ensure that tribal communities — not representing tribal governments — are at the table.
There are more positions open than there were last summer. Please reconsider if you didn’t apply then.
Nominations will not be considered for positions that are not yet vacant.
• Individuals may nominate themselves or others.
• Nominees, must be residents of Washington and will be reviewed based on their training, education, and knowledge of the specific geographic area.
• Nominees should also demonstrate a commitment to consensus building and collaborative decision-making.
• Nominations and completed applications should be sent to the appropriate BLM office.
• All nominations from represented interests or organizations must include a (a) completed application, (b) at least one letter of reference, and any other information that speaks to the nominee’s qualifications.
For more info, visit https://on.doi.gov/2ONGM0E
Applications can be found at https://on.doi.gov/2HjWfBE.
Send paper applications to Marcia deChadenedes, San Juan Islands National Monument Office, 37 Washburn Place, Lopez Island, WA 98261. For more information, call deChadenedes at 360-468-3051 or email email@example.com.