All volunteering is being coordinated through https://lopezisland.recovers.org. Please go there to input your talents and availability. Organizations will research this database and contact you. Your personal information is safe. THANKS!
• Monetary Donations can be made directly to organizations in need through https://lopezisland.recovers.org.
• Donations of supplies are managed through https://lopezisland.recovers.org. A button upper middle left of the main screen sets you up to list your supplies so that others can find it. Your personal information is safe. Thanks!
• Basic Food and essential needs delivered by Lopez Island Family Resource Center, http://lifrc.org.
• Groceries, Restaurants and Bakeries hours open, menus, gift certificates, orders for takeout and delivery, if available. https://LopezEats.com.
• Winter Market Grab ‘n Go at the Lopez Grange on Saturday, April 11. Details will be posted at https://www.lopezeats.com/farmersmarket.
• Lopez Island School is working with students and families, delivering breakfast and lunch as needed. The form to apply is online https://www.lopezislandschool.org/news/what_s_new/school_lunch_delivery_during_school_closure.
• Lopez Senior Services is delivering meals to identified qualified community members, contact Ronie Wilke -360-468-2421.
• Need help ordering groceries online? Library staff can help you over the phone! Call us at 360-468-2265, or send an email to email@example.com, and please include a good time for us to call you back.
• Victory Gardens — Lopez Garden Club is working with homeowners by offering gardening knowledge, by connecting garden space with those who desire space, and will be growing starts to support gardeners. The Club will also offer coordination connecting gardeners with excess produce to distribution orgs. See https://Lopezrocks.org.
Health and Home
• Assistance signing up for medical insurance, also therapy and counseling services offered by Lopez Island Family Resource Center, http://lifrc.org.
• Rents, utilities, mortgage assistance offered through Lopez Island Family Resource Center, http://lifrc.org.
• Rent or mortgage assistance at Lopez Community Land Trust, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Free Internet and devices for Lopez students courtesy of Rock Island, info at https://www.lopezislandschool.org/news/what_s_new/school_offers_internet_and_devices.
• Assistance accessing digital and online materials Forgot your library card number and/or password? Need some assistance with your devices, Library staff can help you over the phone! Call us at 360-468-2265, or send an email to email@example.com, and please include a good time for us to call you back.
• Need to talk? How about a telephone buddy, someone who will call you, or you can call them on a regular basis! Contact Martha Gooding 214-287-3509
• Stay connected while remaining physically distanced from each other by sharing stories of your current realities, Share your stories of what it’s like in your home during quarantining. Responses can come in any media, all ages: short-stories, journal entries, pictures, photographs, graphic novels, artwork, recipes, Posts can be anonymous. To submit a contribution, follow the link at lopezlibrary.org, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• CommuniTEA support groups: The Lopez Library is hosting a series of virtual COMMUNITEAs: online gatherings for Lopezians, to create a place for connection, and to honor our needs and feelings in a time of crisis and sheltering in place. Beginning this week, learn more and sign-up, visit http://lopezlibrary.org.
• QiGong classes through Zoom with Claudia Elwell. Go to http://lopezlibrary.org or http://lopezrocks.org.
• The Village Square Online Forum: a series of virtual public programs intended to keep the people of Lopez Island informed about the local responses, relief efforts, and recovery movements taking place in reaction to the COVID-19 pandemic. The program series is titled “The Village Square,” and will take place every other week, beginning at 1 p.m. on Friday, April 17, with an introduction to the local relief efforts, from a couple of key public figures, representing the San Juan County Council, the Lopez Island Family Resource Center, the Lopez COVID Health Support Group, and the Lopez Island Recovery Network. Zoom webinar, connect through links made available on lopezlibrary.org, lopezrocks.org, or lopezisland.recovers.org.
• Paycheck Protection Program – contact Heritage Bank (360) 370-5641; Islanders (360)-468-2295 or Key Bank (844)-539-8864 for assistance in applying.
• Worker resources: for wages, layoffs, unemployment, etc. visit the SJ County website https://www.sanjuanco.com/1684/Resources-for-Workers-Affected-by-COVID-.
• Business support: low-interest loans and grants, etc. Economic Development Council of San Juan County – follow their Facebook page for most current information on assistance programs https://www.sanjuansedc.org/.
• Lopez items for purchase, masks, gifts, artwork, gift certificates, etc, keeping local businesses alive, www.LopezShops.org.