The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• San Juan deputies were notified of a probation violation. The incident was documented and forwarded to the proper agency.
• A Lopez deputy took a delayed report of a non-injury, rear-end traffic collision that occurred April 2, on Mud Bay Road near Cousins Road involving two vehicles.
• Two drivers, on separate occasions, received warnings from Lopez deputies for speeding in a school zone.
• San Juan deputies conducted an agency assist. A probation violation was noted and documented.
• A deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding in Friday Harbor.
• A Friday Harbor man was arrested by deputies on an active warrant issued out of the district court and for violation of a domestic violence no-contact order. The man was booked into jail on these charges and is awaiting a hearing.
• A San Juan deputy cited a driver for failing to stop at an intersection and for not having proof of liability insurance, and warnings for failing to signal a turn and for a defective headlight.
• A driver in Friday Harbor was issued a citation for second-degree negligent driving.
• Orcas deputies responded to a complaint of harassment. There was insufficient evidence to prove a crime had been committed.
• A Lopez deputy assisted in a civil dispute regarding a landlord-tenant issue.
• In two different incidents, San Juan deputies issued citations to drivers for having expired registrations older than two months prior.
• Deputies issued a driver in Friday Harbor a citation for using a cellphone while driving and a warning for an illegal U-turn.
• A driver in Friday Harbor received a warning for an illegal U-turn.
• San Juan deputies responded to a noise complaint and reminded the citizens about the county noise ordinance
• A firearm was turned into a Lopez deputy for destruction and disposal.
• A Lopez deputy checked on possible vandalism to a driveway gate. The gate was not secured into the ground and had collapsed under its own weight.
• A deputy responded to a complaint of a dog-at-large in the Dill area of Lopez. The reporting person said he saw three dogs chasing a deer on his property. The deputy located the dogs and the owner, who was issued a citation for a first offense.
• Deputies responded to a single vehicle collision where the driver had hit a tree. The underage driver was issued a citation for not having insurance, for having a passenger under 20 years old and for wheels going off the roadway.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding and issued them a citation vehicle for traveling 70 mph in a 45 mph zone.
• A Friday Harbor driver received a citation for speeding.
• A deputy issued a citation to a driver in Friday Harbor for having an expired vehicle registration, and warnings for failing to obey a stop sign and failing to obtain a Washington driver’s license.
• A Lopez deputy reported to the ferry terminal regarding a domestic disturbance in the parking lot. The altercation was strictly verbal, and no crime had been committed.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a citizen assist call.
• San Juan cited a transient male who was parked in a local business parking lot without permission, for trespassing.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to an alarm call which turned out to be unfounded.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a possible domestic incident. The alleged victim was contacted and the incident was determined to be unfounded.
• A Lopez deputy was called to a traffic hazard that involved an unlawfully parked truck. The owner was contacted and agreed to move the vehicle.
• An off-island property owner requested an area check of their Lopez land for possible trespassers. None were found.
• A deputy on San Juan took a report from a person who had received threats.
• A San Juan driver was cited for speeding and for not having insurance.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a theft complaint. The suspect was identified and arrested and the victim’s property was recovered.
• Orcas deputies responded to a hit-and-run accident in the Eastsound area.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a reported dog bite.
• A San Juan driver was stopped for speeding and was subsequently arrested for driving under the influence, possession of a controlled substance and for driving with a suspended license, and was issued a citation for driving 41 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a hit-and-run collision that damaged a parked car.
• San Juan deputies issued a scooter driver a citation for having a defective headlight.
• Deputies took a person into custody who was wanted on a warrant.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor responded to a medical call. The patient was transported to the hospital.
• After a report of gunfire in Friday Harbor, deputies contacted the property owner who was warned and given a copy of the noise ordinance.
• An Orcas deputy conducted a welfare check for adult protective services.
• A Lopez deputy was called to conduct a welfare check on a person whose family had been unable to reach him for a couple of days.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a littering complaint. The litter turned out to be tree branches that had fallen in the road during the recent wind storms. No further action was required.
• Orcas deputies investigated a reported theft.
• Orcas deputies took a report of a suspicious circumstance involving threats.
• Deputies issued a driver on Olga Road citations for driving 50 mph in a 35 mph zone, for not having insurance and for having an expired registration.