The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy was dispatched to a reported parking problem in Friday Harbor. Tickets were issued by mail.
• A deputy responded to an accident in the Eastsound area. A bicyclist reported they were nearly struck by a speeding vehicle, which caused them to swerve and crash their bicycle.
• Deputies responded to a report of a suspicious male in the 300 block of Crescent Beach Drive. An intoxicated male was located and given a courtesy transport home.
• A deputy responded to a suspicious circumstance call in Friday Harbor. The deputy spoke with a mother of kids involved and an information report was made.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a warning for speeding and failure to notify the department of licensing of an address change.
• Deputies were advised of an unoccupied vehicle parked in the staging lane of the Orcas Terminal. The owner had parked it for an early morning ferry ride and agreed to move it.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of identity theft. The victim reported that her social security number had been stolen. There are no suspects.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to an address to facilitate contact between two parties regarding a dog bite call. The residence appeared unoccupied and no contact was made.
• A deputy checked on the welfare of a person in Friday Harbor.
• Orcas deputies were advised of a construction truck driving dangerously near Lake Killebrew. The business owner was contacted; they advised they would counsel their workers.
• A San Juan deputy issued a warning to a driver of a vehicle with two inoperable brake lights.
• San Juan deputies witnessed a driver who appeared to have consumed alcohol but was determined to not be under the influence. The driver had a suspended license and was issued a criminal citation. Both the driver and passenger were given a courtesy transport home.
June 1• At approximately 5 a.m. a deputy investigated a reported residential burglary on San Juan Island. No burglary had occurred.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle with expired registration. The driver was issued a citation for having an expired registration and warned for not having proof of insurance.
• A deputy issued a citation to a driver for failure to obey a stop sign in Friday Harbor.
• A San Juan Island resident reported being chased by a dog. The dog’s owner was contacted and warned to keep his dog under control.
• A San Juan deputy assisted Washington State Ferries personnel with a semi-truck and trailer that became stuck and delayed a sailing.
June 2• A Lopez deputy investigated a single-vehicle collision. The case was forwarded to the district court with charges requested.
• A deputy responded to a report of a verbal domestic assault in Friday Harbor. The deputy arrived to find a woman at the scene who said that an involved man was gone. The woman told the deputy she did not call and did not want a report made.
• A San Juan deputy checked on a vehicle left running on Spring Street at approximately 8 p.m. The owner was contacted and it was discovered that the new vehicle had a push button starter that did not completely shut the vehicle down.
• Deputies issued a traffic citation to a driver for speeding 41 mph in a 25 mph zone near Eastsound.
• San Juan deputies responded to a non-injury, non-reportable collision.
• A deputy stopped a car for having expired registration in Friday Harbor. The driver was cited and released for driving with a suspended license in the second degree and issued a citation for having an expired registration. The vehicle was towed and a report was made.
• Orcas deputies issued a citation to a driver for speeding 41 mph in a 25 mph zone near Eastsound.
• A Lopez Island deputy responded with Lopez Fire to a commercial building with an alarm sounding and an acrid burning smell evident. No fire was found.
• Intoxicated patrons created a scene in a Lopez Island establishment after being cut off and asked to leave by the bartender. After learning law enforcement had been called, the subjects left quickly.
• A San Juan deputy transported an inmate to the hospital for treatment at approximately 11 p.m.
June 3• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding 44 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A deputy started an investigation of illegal mooring and possible dumping of sewage from vessels in Westsound on Orcas.
• A deputy was dispatched to a citizen assist in Friday Harbor.
• An Orcas deputy warned a driver for failure to utilize a turn signal.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of a trespassing.
• An Orcas deputy issued a warning to a driver for speeding.
• Deputies responded to a trauma call on San Juan Island.
• A deputy responded to a traffic offense in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of a domestic dispute incident in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy was dispatched to a reported theft in Friday Harbor. There are no suspects at this time.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a parking issue in town. A vehicle was parked in a handicap space without a placard. The driver was issued a citation.
• A deputy responded to an unwanted person call in Friday Harbor. The deputy spoke with the caller, obtained a signed trespass letter and served the letter to the subject.
• A Georgia woman was stopped and ticketed for speeding 45 mph in the 25 zone on Fisherman Bay Road by a Lopez deputy.
• A Lopez man reported that his vehicle was damaged by another motorist while aboard a Washington State Ferry sailing from Anacortes to Lopez.
• Deputies served a civil protection order in Eastsound and took custody of a firearm for safekeeping.
• A Lopez deputy issued a driver a warning for driving without a driver’s license on their person after stopping them for suspected cell phone use while driving.
• Deputies responded to a possible order violation near Eastsound. It was determined that the order had not been violated; the involved party was advised of the protected person’s new address and moved along.
• Three drivers were each issued citations in Friday Harbor for failing to obey a stop sign.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a warning for defective brake lights.
• A Lopez deputy took a report of trees being cut and removed from Land Bank property at the Hummel Lake Preserve.
• A Lopez deputy issued a driver a warning for not having a valid operator’s license with valid identification and for having a passenger in a trailer.
• A Lopez deputy was asked to verify that family members had arrived safely on the island after they had failed to check in as promised. They were located safe, and reminded to call their families.
• Deputies located and arrested a wanted subject inside a local bar in Friday Harbor. The subject is being held for a court appearance.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a residence on a report of an unwanted subject on the premises. No one was there when the deputy arrived.