The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls:
• A deputy responded to an unattended death incident on Lopez. The investigation revealed that the decedent passed from natural causes.
• A deputy issued a citation to a driver for speeding in Friday Harbor.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a motorist after he saw her speeding near Lopez Village. The deputy issued the driver a ticket for speeding.
• A deputy contacted a citizen who reported her prescription medication missing.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a reported illegal burn investigation in Eastsound. Upon making contact with the persons at the residence, the individuals became aggressive and hostile. A male suspect was arrested for obstructing an officer. A female suspect was also arrested.
• A wallet was turned in to an Orcas deputy and placed into lost and found.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of a disorderly individual at a clinic.
• A Lopez deputy was contacted regarding an attempted fraud via a phone call. No loss occurred.
• An Orcas deputy took a report of stolen lawn care equipment.
• A deputy was dispatched to reports of a domestic dispute in the Friday Harbor area. The deputy arrived in the area and contacted the persons involved. The incident was verbal only.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle for speeding on Orcas Road in the late night hours. Further investigation revealed probable cause to believe the driver was impaired. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence. He was booked into San Juan County Jail in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy responded to a single-car, no-injury accident in Friday Harbor involving a truck that had gone off the road into a ditch. The truck was towed via a private tow company.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a possible sighting of a missing juvenile.
• A Lopez deputy euthanized an injured deer.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a driver for driving with a suspended driver’s license. The driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license in the third degree.
• A Friday Harbor deputy was dispatched in reference to a theft. The caller reported medication missing.
• Lopez deputies received a report that a man had exposed himself to two minor girls on a Lopez beach. The incident is under investigation.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a single-vehicle minor injury crash on Center Road. The driver, who was alone in the car, was ticketed for driving with wheels off the roadway after the car had gone off the road and struck a tree.
• A Lopez deputy was called about a barking dog that had been barking for hours after being left alone. The homeowner was located and the problem resolved.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for speeding 46 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding 43 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A Lopez deputy, assisted by Lopez Fire and EMS personnel, successfully rescued three kayakers in distress on the water off Humphrey Head.
• The reporting deputy was dispatched to the Friday Harbor area in reference to a trespassing report. The deputy arrived, contacted the involved person and escorted them from the premises.
• A deputy on San Juan arrested a driver for driving under the influence.
• Deputies responded to a complaint of a fire or illegal burning on Waldron Island. Deputies and a fire chief made contact with the individual and a report was completed. The fire marshall will follow up.
• A Lopez deputy was called about a distressed dog barking in a locked parked car in Lopez Village. The owner arrived before the deputy and resolved the problem.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for driving 43 mph in a 25 mph zone. The driver was also warned for not having proof of insurance and failure to use a turn signal.
• Abandoned scrap metal items were found on county property near Lopez Fire Station 42. The responsible person will be issued a citation for littering when located.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of a domestic violence incident.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of a vehicle theft. The investigation revealed the incident to be a dispute of property within the family.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for speeding. The driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license in the second degree, as well as issued a citation for speeding 44 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A deputy was dispatched to the Friday Harbor area in reference to a domestic dispute. The deputy arrived and contacted the involved parties and one person was arrested.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for 44 mph in a 25 mph zone and a warning for not having proof of insurance.
• A deputy responded to the parking lot of an Eastsound business due to a report of a person peering through several vehicles. Upon arrival, the subject was gone. The deputy waited and the suspect returned, was detained, questioned and ultimately released.
• A deputy was dispatched to a complaint of a dog at large in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy stopped a vehicle for speeding in Eastsound. It was discovered the vehicle’s tabs were expired over two months. The driver was issued a citation for having an expired registration of more than two months and given a verbal warning for speeding, among other violations.