The San Juan County Sheriff’s Department responded to the following calls.
• An Orcas Island deputy responded to a theft call in Eastsound. The individual was caught on camera but the location of the suspect is unknown. He is wanted for theft in the third degree.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a vandalism call in Eastsound. Photographs and a report were taken. There are no suspects at this time.
• A San Juan Island deputy issued a driver a citation for having an expired registration of over two months.
• A San Juan deputy received lost property and entered it into lost and found.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a domestic assault. The subject was arrested and booked into jail.
• Orcas deputies were dispatched to a domestic dispute in Eastsound. It was found to be verbal only.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for failing to renew vehicle registration over two months.
• A Lopez deputy escorted a person out of a local park. A trespass warning letter was issued.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for both failing to renew vehicle registration for more than two months and no proof of liability insurance.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a driving complaint. The suspected driver was contacted and a report was made.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle for a defective brake light. The driver was cited for not having insurance.
• A deputy attempted to stop a vehicle due to both the driver’s not wearing a seat belt and expired tabs. The vehicle eluded the deputy, and the suspect ran on foot.
• A deputy conducted a residence address verification for a registered sex offender on Lopez. A photograph of the offender was taken, and a report was completed.
• A deputy attempted to stop a motorcycle for both speeding and an obstructed license plate. The motorcycle eluded the deputy.
• Dispatch received a suspicious 911 call from a Lopez resident. It was initially suspected the call may have been initiated due to a domestic violence incident. The investigation revealed no assault had occurred.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor arrested a driver for both DUI and traveling left of center.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor was dispatched to a possible assault that had happened earlier. After further investigation, no assault had occurred and the injury was accidental.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop. The driver was issued a citation for failing to renew vehicle registration over two months.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for having expired registration, more than two months, and for not having proof of liability insurance.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of three dogs locked in a vehicle. The vehicle was found to be in a shaded area with the windows partially down. The dogs did not appear to be in any distress.
• A deputy in the San Juan area stopped a driver and issued a citation for speeding.
• A deputy was dispatched to the Friday Harbor area in reference to trespassing. Two people were contacted and served with trespassing notices.
• Lopez deputies responded to multiple reports of explosive sounds coming from a shooting range. The involved parties were shooting at legal exploding targets.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a warning for speeding.
• Orcas deputies responded with Orcas Fire and Rescue to a CPR in progress.
• A San Juan deputy was contacted about phone fraud.
• A deputy on Orcas located a wanted person and took him into custody.
• A deputy was dispatched to a littering/abandoned vehicle call. One person was issued a citation.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a safekeeping call at which time the deputy took a weapon into safekeeping.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a report of a vehicle abandoned on private property. The owner of the vehicle lives at the adjacent property. A resident at that address was contacted, and the vehicle was removed.
• A Lopez resident called for assistance with vandalism.
• An Orcas deputy conducted a traffic stop on Orcas Road. The driver was issued a citation for speeding 45 mph in a 25 mph work zone.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a vehicle for failing to drive in the right lane. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle on Orcas Road. The driver was issued a citation for driving 45 mph in a posted 25 mph work zone.
• Orcas deputies arrested a local man on multiple warrants. He was transported to the San Juan County Jail.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to an animal problem in the Deer Harbor area. The investigation is ongoing.
• A deputy was dispatched to a suspicious call in the San Juan area. The deputy went to the area but was unable to locate the person camping on private property. A report was taken.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop. The driver was issued a warning for speeding.
• Orcas Fire and sheriff’s units responded to a reported vehicle fire. There was smoke from the engine compartment caused by spilled oil. The vehicle was not damaged.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop. The driver was issued a citation for speeding 17 mph over the speed limit in a construction zone.
• A deputy on Orcas located a wanted person. The person was arrested on an outstanding warrant and booked into the San Juan County Jail.
• A deputy on Orcas arrested a subject on an outstanding warrant. The subject was also driving on a suspended driver’s license and in possession of illegal drugs. The subject was booked into jail on those additional charges.
• A deputy responded to a citizen-assist call.
• A San Juan deputy pulled over a driver for traveling 70 mph in a 45 mph zone. A citation was issued to the driver.
• A deputy on Orcas located a wanted person. The subject was arrested on an outstanding warrant. The subject was also charged with obstructing a law enforcement officer.
• A deputy responded to a citizen-assist call in the lobby of the sheriff’s office in Friday Harbor. The reporting party wanted a potential incident documented, and an informational report was made.
• A deputy responded to a report of a threats call. It was determined that no crime had been committed.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor issued a citation to a driver for no valid driver’s license with ID and a warning for defective equipment.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor issued a driver a citation for no proof of liability insurance, and warnings for driving left of center and failing to carry registration in the vehicle.