The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy responded to a citizen assist in Friday Harbor. The deputy contacted another driver for public safety reasons and later completed a report regarding they were driving suspended.
• A Lopez deputy and EMS responded to a report of an unconscious female. The investigation revealed it was a domestic violence-related incident. The male suspect was located, arrested and booked into jail for vehicular assault.
• A deputy on Orcas took a non-criminal harassment complaint.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of a hit-and-run. The suspect was located and arrested for an unattended hit and run, where the driver hit an unoccupied vehicle and left the scene.
• A deputy on San Juan issued a driver a citation for speeding 52 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A Lopez deputy completed two junk vehicle affidavits for a property owner.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for traveling 36 mph in a 25 mph speed zone. After the deputy stopped the vehicle, the driver accidentally backed into the deputy’s patrol car. The driver was issued citations for speeding and for unsafe backing up.
• A Decatur visitor to Lopez inquired about his use of a county dock. He was advised to follow the posted rules.
• A local assistance organization requested a welfare check on a Lopez resident.
• A deputy responded to a report of littering on San Juan after several bags of garbage were dumped on private property. The incident was documented.
• A deputy was dispatched to a welfare check in Friday Harbor. Investigation continues.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of a collision in a parking lot. The involved parties were contacted and a report was taken.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor was contacted in reference to a suspicious circumstance.
• A citizen came into the sheriff’s station requesting that a person be trespassed from their property in Friday Harbor. A warning letter was served.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report of a suicide in the Eastsound area. Upon arrival the subject was found deceased inside a vehicle, and deputies conducted a death investigation in the Crescent Beach parking lot. (see story on page X).
• A Lopez resident contacted a deputy about a civil issue.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a report of a domestic incident. The parties were contacted and the incident was documented.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for traveling 39 mph in a 25 mph speed zone. The driver was issued a citation for speeding.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a non-injury motor vehicle accident. The driver reported hitting a deer.
• Lopez deputies responded to a report of a man at the ferry dock in mental and physical distress. The man calmed down and boarded the next ferry to Friday Harbor.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a call of what appeared to be a stray dog in Lopez Village. The dog’s owner was with the dog when the deputy arrived. No further action was necessary.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a trespass complaint. The suspect was arrested for trespassing, for an order violation and escape.
• A Lopez Island deputy was called for information regarding a boating moorage issue.
• A deputy on Lopez issued a driver a warning for speeding in a school zone.
• A Friday Harbor deputy arrested a local woman on an active warrant. She was booked into the county jail awaiting a hearing.
• Deputies responded to a call about suspicious activity in Friday Harbor. Two individuals were contacted, a report was made, and the report was referred to the prosecutors office and Juvenile Court Services.
• A deputy was dispatched to investigate a death on San Juan.
• After stopping the driver of a vehicle for an expired vehicle registration, the deputy learned that the driver was driving on a suspended license. The case is being forwarded to the prosecutor’s office for disposition.
• San Juan deputies responded to a domestic disturbance at a local business. The subjects separated before deputies arrived and statements were taken. It appears the disturbance was verbal and no crime occurred.
• A Lopez deputy took a report of hit and run when a resident discovered their mailbox had been run over during the night and destroyed. The involved vehicle fled the scene.
• A Lopez deputy was sent to a report of livestock out in the road on Mud Bay Road. No animals were out when the deputy arrived.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor stopped a motorcycle driver for not having their headlight illuminated. The cyclist received a warning.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a complaint of an unwanted person. The person was contacted and issued a trespass warning letter.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle for having defective taillights. The driver was issued a citation for not having a valid driver’s license with identification.