The San Juan Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls:
• A deputy responded to a traffic offense call in Friday Harbor involving a car passing a stopped school bus. The driver of the car was identified and issued a citation.
• A deputy responded to a trespassing complaint in Friday Harbor. The deputy met with the caller and completed a trespass warning letter. The letter will be served to the individual when they are located.
• A deputy responded to a vandalism call in Friday Harbor. The deputy was advised by the caller that he only wanted an information report made and wanted the individual off his property.
• An Orcas Island deputy stopped a vehicle on Mt. Baker Road. The driver, a local woman, was subsequently issued a citation for speeding 40 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A deputy investigated a possible non-injury vehicle accident on Channel Road on Lopez. The unoccupied vehicle was partially in a ditch. No probable cause for a crime was established. The vehicle owner, who was not on scene, was located and agreed to have the vehicle removed as soon as possible.
• A deputy responded to a delayed report of a burglary of a business in Friday Harbor. Upon investigation, it was found that there was no signs of forced entry.
• A deputy responded to a citizen assist call in the Roche Harbor area. The deputy met the individuals involved in person and via phone, gathered the information from the parties involved, and completed an information report.
• A deputy responded to a report of a suspicious person in Friday Harbor. The deputy temporarily detained the male involved, issued him a trespass warning letter, and released him.
• An Orcas Island deputy was assigned a burglary investigation involving items stolen from a residence on Stuart Island.
• Lopez deputies responded to a domestic violence assault incident. Ferry dock staff saw the suspect at the dock several hours later. The suspect was arrested and booked into jail for assault and an outstanding felony warrant.
• An Orcas deputy investigated a burglary involving several storage units in Eastsound.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for speed. The driver was issued a citation for speeding 38 mph in a 25 mph zone and arrested for DUI.
• A Lopez Island deputy responded to a death. The investigation into the cause and circumstances surrounding the death is ongoing.
• A deputy was dispatched to a suspicious circumstance in the Friday Harbor area. The deputy arrived and investigated the incident.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of a death investigation. The death appeared to be of natural causes.
• A deputy was dispatched to a Friday Harbor location for a report of an unwanted person. The employees advised the deputy that the man was making them uncomfortable. He had been asked to leave the business earlier but had returned. The deputy contacted the man and was advised he was homeless.
• A man was found trespassing on a private beach on Lopez Island. When asked to leave by the property owner, he refused but was gone before the deputy arrived.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for speeding. The driver was issued an infraction for speeding 48 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A Lopez Island man flagged down a deputy to report an unattended burn pile at a residence. The deputy found no one home and an unattended, unpermitted fire burning in the yard and called the fire department to respond to extinguish the fire.
• A deputy was contacted in reference to threats in the Friday Harbor area. The reporting deputy contacted the caller.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for a defective brake light and tossing ignited material from vehicle. The driver was issued a citation for the defective light.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for a defective brake light. The driver was issued a citation for no insurance.
• A deputy on Orcas was stopped by a vehicle for having a defective headlight. The driver was issued a citation for no insurance and no registration in vehicle.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report of an unwanted handmade sign posted on an Eastsound business. The sign was removed by the deputy.
• A San Juan Island deputy arrested a subject who had a warrant for failing to show up to testify in court. Further investigation revealed probable cause for witness tampering.
• A Lopez Island deputy received a cell phone that was found at the ferry terminal. The owner of the phone was identified and the phone was returned.
• A Friday Harbor deputy arrested a Friday Harbor man on an outstanding warrant. The male was transported and booked into jail.
• A deputy stopped a vehicle on near the Lopez village after he saw the driver speeding. He issued the driver a ticket for speeding.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for a defective headlight. The driver was issued a citation for the defective headlight and failure to initially register vehicle.