The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A Lopez Island deputy responded to an injured animal complaint. The reporting person stated he unintentionally struck the deer after it ran in front of his vehicle on Ferry Road. The deputy euthanized the severely injured animal.
• A deputy responded to the San Juan County Animal Shelter for a report of a dog roaming at large. The dog had been brought to the animal shelter numerous times for running away.
• A Lopez Island deputy was called to investigate a theft. Agricultural products valued at about $250 were taken sometime over the weekend.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle for an equipment violation. The driver was cited and released for driving with a suspended driver’s license in the second degree.
• A deputy stopped a motorist for speeding on Fisherman Bay Road near Lopez Village. The deputy issued the driver a ticket for speeding.
• Lopez deputies responded to the clinic where a person was causing a disturbance. The person left before deputies arrived and was contacted later at their residence. The person was advised not to return.
• A deputy responded to a citizen assist call in Friday Harbor regarding a female who accidentally left some property by a fuel dock. The deputy found the property, contacted the caller, and submitted the item for safekeeping at the station.
• A deputy located a wanted subject on San Juan Island and placed the subject in custody.
• A SAFE San Juan advocate brought a victim of harassment and stalking to deputies who gathered information to assist with a protection order, wrote a report to start the process of a criminal case and arrested the suspect.
• A deputy stopped a vehicle in Eastsound for an equipment violation. The driver was issued an infraction for no insurance and not having a valid operator’s license with identification.
• Lopez deputies responded to investigate suspicious circumstances on Shark Reef Road. The resident was contacted and an area check was performed with negative results.
• A San Juan deputy investigated a violation of a protection order.
• A Friday Harbor citizen called to report a theft of an antique camera from his pump house. There is no physical evidence or suspects at this time.
• Lopez deputies were notified of an injured deer near the library. The deer had been struck by a car and was mortally injured.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of an injury collision. The vehicle left the roadway and struck a tree causing reportable damage to the vehicle and serious injury to the driver.
• An Orcas Island deputy was dispatched to an assault in the Eastsound area. A report was taken. The investigation is ongoing.
• Lopez Island deputies and other first responders were sent to Odlin Park from a report of a capsized kayak with a person in the water 100 yards offshore. The kayaker was able to make it safely to shore before rescuers arrived. He was treated by EMS at the scene and released.
• A Lopez Island woman reported that her vehicle had been struck and damaged by another motorist on Oct. 27. The other driver refused to provide identification or insurance information.
• A Lopez man reported a possibly abandoned vehicle in a public space. The owner of the vehicle removed it later in the day.
• A deputy initiated a traffic stop on a vehicle on San Juan Island for a defective brake light. The deputy subsequently cited both the driver and passenger for illegal transport of fish and wildlife in the first degree.
• An Orcas deputy contacted a subject sleeping in their vehicle. The subject was issued a criminal citation for illegal camping.
• A deputy took a juvenile runaway report from a San Juan Island family. Parents signed juvenile as a runaway.
• Town of Friday Harbor staff turned a bike into the sheriff’s office.
• A Friday Harbor resident came into the station to report stolen property from inside their vehicle. There are workable leads or evidence at this time. Investigation to follow if further leads or information are obtained.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a motorist speeding on Fisherman Bay Road. The deputy issued the driver a ticket for speeding.
• Deputies responded to a business within the Town of Friday Harbor for a report of an intoxicated juvenile, who was processed and released to the parent.