The San Juan County Sheriff’s office responded to the following calls:
• A Friday Harbor deputy arrested a wanted male on an outstanding felony warrant. The male was booked into jail.
• A deputy responded to a report of a forgery at a restaurant in Friday Harbor. Upon arrival the deputy was told that an unknown person passed a fake $100 bill on the evening of Jan. There is no suspect information at this time.
• An Orcas Island deputy stopped a vehicle on Olga Road. The driver was issued a citation for driving 57 mph in a posted 35 mph zone.
• A Friday Harbor deputy arrested a wanted male on two outstanding misdemeanor warrants. The male was booked into jail and a report was completed.
• A deputy responded to a Lopez residence on a possible burglary complaint. Although there was no evidence of an entry to the residence, the homeowner believed several items were missing from the house.
• A deputy responded to a Lopez residence in the middle of the night for an unwanted person complaint. The unwanted person was located and it was determined the person went on the reporting person’s property unintentionally. The reporting person declined pressing charges.
• A Friday Harbor deputy responded to a welfare check at the station regarding an inmate. The inmate was given his medication and a report was made.
• Deputies arrived at a residence on San Juan Island at approximately 1:30 a.m. to investigate a complaint of construction noise. The noise stopped prior to the deputy’s arrival.
• A deputy contacted a driver in Eastsound with a suspended driver’s license. The driver was issued with a criminal citation and released with a promise to appear in court.
• A San Juan Island resident reported his vehicle was significantly damaged while parked at the north end of the island.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a motorist who was traveling 60 mph in a 35 mph zone. The driver was issued a citation for speeding.
• Deputies responded to a two-car accident. It was reported that the driver in the second car looked down and when he looked up, the car in front had stopped. The driver struck the car in front of him but hit a bumper hitch causing no damage to the front vehicle. The driver’s radiator was ruined.
• A deputy responded to the jail in Friday Harbor regarding an inmate complaining of chest pain. The deputy secured the inmate per department policy and transported the male to the Peace Island ER for treatment.
• A parent reported a juvenile runaway to the sheriff’s office in Friday Harbor.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle on Mt. Baker Road. The driver was issued a citation for speeding 36 mph in a posted 25 mph zone. He was also given a warning for displaying expired tabs and not having his driver’s license.
• A Lopez resident called to report a horse in the roadway in the area of Center Road and Cross Road. A deputy searched the area but the horse was not found.
• A deputy responded to a report of a hit-and-run accident in Friday Harbor. The deputy gathered the victim’s information and was advised that there were no witnesses and no video to the incident. A collision report and police report were made.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for speeding. The driver was issued an infraction for speeding 39 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to a body discovered by family members. The scene was examined and processed and the body was transported to Evans Funeral home.
• A San Juan Island deputy was contacted at the sheriff’s office about a runaway juvenile. The juvenile was located and returned to family member.
• Lopez deputies responded to a report of a burglary in progress when a neighbor observed a subject attempting to gain entry to a home. The property caretaker was found working to correct a problem that he had discovered. No crime had occurred.
• A Friday Harbor deputy responded to a walk-in report of possible found drugs. The deputy took custody of the possible drugs and conducted four different tests on the substance, which turned up negative results for illegal drugs. The substance was tagged to be destroyed and a report was made.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report of a residential burglary in Eastsound.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to the San Juan Island area in reference to a domestic dispute. Deputies arrived and contacted the involved parties. After interviews, the involved agreed to separate for the night.