The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A Lopez Island deputy observed a motorcyclist speeding through the village and issued him a ticket.
• A deputy responded to a custody dispute in Friday Harbor. The parties were advised to implement a child custody plan.
• A Friday Harbor deputy assisted a citizen with two statements the citizen wanted to be documented at the Sheriff’s Office.
• San Juan deputies stopped a vehicle for speeding on Argyle Ave and the driver was issued a citation for traveling 42 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• Deputies responded to a report of someone driving under the influence of alcohol. on San Juan Island. The vehicle was found stopped in a parking lot. The driver was given a field sobriety test and found not to be under the influence.
• A deputy responded to a report of disorderly conduct on Blind Island where unknown person(s) had been shining a high-powered laser light in the coxswain of a passing WSF ferry. The action did not continue on the following vessel.
• Orcas Island deputies responded to reports of a domestic dispute. After further investigation, it was found that no criminal acts had been committed and an informational report was completed.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a residential alarm. The home was secure and the cause of the alarm is unknown.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of trespassing in Friday Harbor. The suspect was located and cited for second-degree trespassing.
• A Lopez deputy was contacted about a traffic offense. The driver was located and issued a verbal warning.
• San Juan deputies responded to a possible domestic dispute. It was determined to be a mental health issue and a report was taken.
• An Orcas deputy issued a citation to someone for abandoning a vehicle at a local towing establishment.
• A Lopez resident was contacted after her dogs were seen chasing deer on a neighbor’s property. The dogs’ owner was warned of potential criminal charges if the behavior continued.
• An Orcas Island deputy stopped a vehicle for speeding. The driver was issued a citation for driving 50 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• In the early morning hours, a Friday Harbor deputy responded to a report of a fight in the area of 1st and Spring Street. The fight broke up as the deputy arrived.
• San Juan deputies responded to a burglar alarm at American Camp. The alarm was tripped in error by an employee.
• Lopez Island deputies took two reports of violations of a domestic violence-no contact order. Efforts to locate the suspects are ongoing.
• A backing-up error left an SUV dangling over the edge of one of the garbage bins at the Lopez Dump, closing the facility for about 90 minutes. No one was injured, and damage was relatively minor. The vehicle was driveable after being pulled out of the bin.
• An Orcas Island deputy conducted a traffic stop on Mount Baker Road. The driver was cited for driving 48 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A deputy was dispatched to a trespass call on San Juan Island. The caller was contacted and a plan was made to prevent further incidents.
• A San Juan Island deputy was called upon to conduct a Welfare Check. The deputy contacted the people involved and calmed the incident down.
• A Lopez Island deputy stopped a motorist in the 2800 block of Fisherman Bay Road for speeding. The driver was subsequently arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol.
• A speeding driver received a citation on Orcas Island for driving 42 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A report of domestic violence was received in the San Juan area. The reporting deputies located those involved and one person was arrested and booked into custody.
• Deputies responded to a report of a boating accident off of Blakely Island where a vessel had grounded on the rocks. A boating accident investigation revealed that the operator had been boating under the influence and was arrested. The operator was booked and released with a court date.
• Deputies responded a report of a domestic disturbance at Roche Harbor. Deputies found the disturbance to be verbal only and no further action was taken.
• A San Juan Island deputy received a report of a suspicious circumstance. The caller was contacted and a report was taken.
• A deputy responded to a domestic incident in Friday Harbor. Upon arrival, both parties stated that the argument was verbal in nature and no assault occurred. There were no signs of injuries or an assault and both parties decline to make written statements.
• A vehicle with expired tags was stopped on Orcas Island. The driver was issued a citation for an expired registration under two months, no insurance and no driver’s license on person and received a criminal citation for operating a vehicle with a canceled title.
• A deputy was dispatched to the San Juan Island area on a report of a domestic situation. The involved persons were contacted and the deputy learned the incident was verbal only. One person was transported to another location.
• A California man was warned about drinking in public and for having an open container of alcohol when contacted by a Lopez deputy.
• A deputy responded to the Eastsound area on a report of an assault that occurred the day before. The victim had injuries consistent with her statement. The suspect is known. The case is under further investigation.
• An Orcas deputy arrested a subject with a felony Department of Corrections warrant. The subject was booked into jail on the warrant, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of methamphetamine.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of found property in Friday Harbor. A report was taken.
• A Lopez Island resident called about loud music coming from a neighboring property first thing in the morning. A deputy identified the source of the music and the offending party apologized for waking the neighbors. No further action was necessary.
• A Friday Harbor deputy was dispatched to a report of theft in Friday Harbor. The suspect was removed from the property.
• Deputies received a report of a hit and run accident on Orcas Island. A vehicle parked near Obstruction Park had been struck by an unknown vehicle. The owners discovered the vehicle damage and reported it. The case is under further investigation.
• A deputy was dispatched to trespassing in the Friday Harbor area. Contact was made with the personas involved and one was served with a trespass letter.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for a defective brake light. The driver was arrested for operating a vehicle without an ignition interlock and issued a citation for not having a valid operator’s license with ID.
• An Orcas Island deputy stopped a vehicle for expired registration and an obstructed license plate. The driver was issued a citation for an expired registration under two months.