The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following.
• A San Juan deputy stopped an electric bicycle for failing to have reflectors. During the stop, the cyclist fled the scene and the deputy pursued. The subject was located, arrested for obstructing and for an outstanding warrant. The subject was issued several citations and one criminal citation.
• San Juan deputies responded to a single-vehicle collision with injuries. The occupants of the vehicle were transported to the hospital for treatment. Alcohol is suspected to be a factor in the collision. The investigation is ongoing.
• A Friday Harbor deputy issued a driver a citation for not having proof of liability insurance and a warning for failing to yield.
• A Lopez business requested that a deputy issue a trespass warning letter to unruly customers who caused a disturbance inside the business compromising the safety of customers and employees.
• A Lopez resident contacted a deputy for advice on trying to resolve an ongoing issue with a neighbor. Several options were presented for consideration. No action beyond the information was requested.
• An deputy responded to a 911 open line in the Eastsound area. Sounds of distress were heard in the background. Further investigation revealed an assault had taken place. The suspect was arrested.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a call about a boat that had been abandoned on private property for several years. A junk vehicle affidavit was completed so the property owner could move forward with the removal.
• San Juan deputies contacted a person on a boat in the water near Shipyard Cove. The person was arrested on an outstanding warrant and on an obstruction charge from another case.
• Deputies in Friday Harbor responded to an incidence of domestic violence. A person was arrested for domestic violence in the fourth degree and for interfering with reporting a domestic violence incident.
• A Lopez deputy was contacted regarding a potential harassment situation. A report was completed.
• A deputy responded to an unwanted person call near Eastsound. The subject was located and told not to enter the property again without a court order.
• A Friday Harbor deputy arrested a driver for driving under the influence and for reckless endangerment.
• A deputy responded to a parking problem. The driver of the vehicle was issued a citation for parking in a handicapped space without a placard.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for an expired registration. The driver was issued a citation for an expired registration more than two months.
• San Juan deputies were advised of an incident of vandalism. The incident was documented and the investigation is ongoing.
• A deputy was dispatched to a civil standby in Friday Harbor and a report was taken.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a welfare check. The subject was experiencing a medical emergency and Orcas emergency medical services personnel responded to the scene and provided aid.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle for traveling 43 mph in a posted 25 mph speed zone. The driver was issued a citation for speeding.
• A deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle on Orcas Road. The driver was subsequently issued a citation for driving 64 mph in a 40 mph zone.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop. The driver was given a warning for displaying a white light on the rear of the vehicle.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a theft complaint. The complaint was determined to be a civil issue. The complainant was advised to seek legal counsel.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a trespassing and order violation. The person was later contacted and arrested on the order violation.
• A deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle on Olga Road inside Moran State Park. The driver, an island visitor, was subsequently issued a citation for driving 53 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle on the new section of Orcas Road. The driver was subsequently issued a citation for driving 54 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop. The driver was issued a warning for having a a non-working headlight.
• A deputy on Orcas Island conducted a traffic stop. The driver was subsequently arrested for driving with a suspended license-3rd degree and a misdemeanor warrant.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of an assault that occurred on Spring Street. When the deputy arrived, a male subject who matched the description of the suspect fled the scene on foot. The subject was arrested for obstructing a law enforcement officer.
• At approximately 1 a.m. two deputies on Orcas responded to a report of two disorderly women swimming off the West Sound Dock. The suspects were reported to be loud and possibly intoxicated. They were gone on arrival.
• A Lopez resident reported hearing activity in the county gravel pit during the night and found the gate standing open in the morning. A deputy checked the gravel pit and secured the gate.
• A deputy on San Juan took a report of an animal bite.
• A Lopez deputy issued a warning to a driver for not wearing a seat belt.
• San Juan deputies were on the scene of a medical incident when a traffic collision occurred. The incident was investigated and a report was generated.
• A deputy made contact with a juvenile in Friday Harbor. The juvenile was found to be violating curfew.
• A Lopez deputy was called about livestock out in the roadway. Upon the deputy’s arrival, neighbors had herded the animals back into their pasture. The deputy called the owner and notified them of the escape and asked them to come repair the break in the fence.
• A Lopez deputy issued five tickets for unattended vehicles in the ferry line while the 10:45 a.m. sailing to Anacortes was loading.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of an abandoned vehicle that was partially in the roadway. The vehicle was impounded.
• A deputy was dispatched to a death investigation in the Eastsound area. The investigation is ongoing.
• A Friday Harbor deputy was dispatched to a report of an unwanted person in Friday Harbor. The person was served a trespass warning letter.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop. The driver was issued a citation for speeding 60 mph in a 40 mile per hour zone.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop. The driver was given a warning for speeding.
• A Lopez deputy contacted a local man who was suspected to be involved in two traffic related offenses.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of an non-injury accident. The driver was turning around and got stuck in a ditch. There was no damage to the vehicle or the surrounding property. A tow company was called to pull the vehicle back onto the roadway.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop. The driver was given a warning for failing to yield the right-of-way.
• A Friday Harbor deputy issued a driver a citation for failing to wear a seat belt.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a vehicle theft complaint. The deputy located the vehicle later that evening. The theft report was determined to be unfounded.
• A Lopez deputy was sent to check on a 911 hangup call after call back attempts by dispatchers were unsuccessful. The deputy discovered a local landscaper accidentally “pocket dialed” 911 while working on a job site. There was no emergency.
• A Lopez deputy issued a driver a warning for using a cell phone while driving.
• An Orcas deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle on Mt. Baker Road. The driver was subsequently issued a citation for driving 49 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A deputy on Orcas Island responded to a citizen dispute. One of the involved parties was given a warning for disorderly conduct and for violating the San Juan County noise ordinance.