The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a single vehicle accident near Eastsound. The driver was uninjured.
• A deputy answered a call on Hummel Lake Road on Lopez after a trailered sailboat went into a ditch. The owner lost control of the trailer, which was blocking the road, while he was attempting to tow it to a launch location. The trailer was safely moved from the road.
• On Lopez a deputy checked on a complaint of an animal-at-large. The deputy was unable to locate the animal, though the potential owner was identified and notified.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to an agency-assist call in Eastsound.
• On San Juan, a deputy was dispatched to a report of a vehicle prowl. The suspect was not located, but there is probable cause for a second degree trespass arrest.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a report of an unattended hit-and-run accident. A suspect has not been identified, and no further information is available at this time.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a neighborhood disturbance. The incident was settled by contact.
• A deputy responded to a report of a possibly impaired driver at the Orcas Ferry Terminal. Contact was made, and further investigation revealed probable cause to arrest the subject for physical control of a motor vehicle while under the influence. The subject was booked into jail in Friday Harbor.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for failing to have a front license plate. The driver was issued a citation.
• A driver traveling 47 mph in a 25 mph zone was stopped by a San Juan deputy and issued a speeding citation.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a motorist for having an expired registration over two months and issued the driver a citation.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a complaint about an animal bite and discovered an owner was bitten by her own dog. The dog was located, listed as potentially dangerous and placed in quarantine.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a citizen dispute in which one person had plugged into his neighbor’s electricity. The caller kindly agreed to give his neighbor access for a few days allowing his neighbor to operate an important electronic device.
• A Friday Harbor deputy issued a driver a citation for failing to wear a seat belt.
• San Juan deputies took a report of a vehicle prowl. The stolen items were entered into the database, and there is no suspect information at this time.
• An Orcas deputy responded to an animal noise near Eastsound. The animal owner was issued a citation as they had been warned multiple times about keeping their animals under control.
• On two separate occasions, deputies stopped drivers on San Juan for speeding and issued citations: one for driving 47 mph in a 35 mph zone, another for driving 44 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• San Juan deputies responded to a non-injury vehicle collision that occurred at the ferry landing. The suspect was arrested for driving with a suspended license and given a citation for driving without insurance.
• Deputies were dispatched to a verbal domestic incident in Friday Harbor. The parties were separated with no further incident.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of a runaway juvenile in Friday Harbor and a pick-up order was entered in the state system.
• A deputy on Orcas Island was investigating suspicious activity at a vacant residence. The person located inside the residence was arrested for residential burglary, possession of stolen property and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• A deputy responded to a violation of an order in Eastsound. The case is ongoing.
• Deputies responded to a domestic dispute in the Eastsound ares and the incident was settled by contact.
• The reporting deputy was dispatched to a domestic incident in the Friday Harbor area and found the incident to be a verbal argument only.
• A deputy stopped a driver on San Juan and issued them a citation for exceeding the posted speed limit.
• When deputies responded to a report of domestic violence on San Juan they found the suspect had left.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for a broken tail light. The driver was arrested for driving on a suspended license and issued citations for not having insurance and for the broken taillight.
• A deputy responded to a report of a hit and run vehicle collision in Eastsound. Several mailboxes had been struck and damaged and further investigation revealed the driver and vehicle involved. The driver was cited with a criminal citation for a hit-and-run.
• A Lopez resident reported trespassers on a private beach, accessible only from the water, after neighbors had complained about noise, fireworks and loud music from a nearby anchored boat the previous evening.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a report that a person had violated a stalking/no-contact order. The suspect was located, found to be in violation and subsequently arrested for violating the order and for possession of a controlled substance.
• A driver on Lopez flagged down a deputy about a near-miss collision at Center and Hummel Lake Roads. The other driver was located and talked to about the incident. No enforcement action was taken.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a hit-and-run complaint in Lopez Village. The vehicle’s owner stated an unidentified person struck her unoccupied vehicle and damaged it while it was parked in the village. An investigation was completed.
• Lopez deputies and EMS responded to a pedestrian versus vehicle collision. The driver was determined not to be at fault; the pedestrian was transported to a mainland hospital.
• A driver of a vehicle was stopped by San Juan deputies for having a broken tail-light and failing to stop at a stop sign. The driver was issued citations for both.
• A Lopez deputy took a trespass report from the Lopez Island Solid Waste District after security cameras captured images of a subject who had scaled the locked fence-gate into the Take It Or Leave It facility during the night.
• San Juan deputies responded to a request for a welfare check. The subject was contacted and stated they were well.
• Lopez deputies responded to an alleged medical issue with an inmate in the jail. The inmate was transported to the emergency room, evaluated by ER personnel, cleared medically and returned to the jail. No further investigation required.
• A Lopez Island resident turned over a debit card found in Lopez Village to a deputy. A found-property report was completed.
• Lopez deputies responded to a possible domestic disturbance aboard an arriving ferry. Two people were contacted, and it was determined the report was unfounded.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for an expired registration. The driver received a citation for expired registration over two months and was given a warning for canceled registration.
• The driver of a car with a defective brake light was stopped by a San Juan deputy who issued the driver a citation for driving without insurance and warnings for the brake light and for driving without a license on their person.
• A deputy was dispatched to an agency-assist in Friday Harbor.
• A report of a violation of an order prompted the dispatch of a deputy in Friday Harbor. The suspect was located and arrested.
• A grandparent on Lopez reported receiving a telephone call attempting to defraud them out of a substantial amount of money for “bail” for a grandchild allegedly being held in jail. The call was a scam.
• A Lopez deputy discovered property left outside the substation door. It was later determined a San Juan man has reported these same items lost earlier. The man collected his property the following day.
• A San Juan deputy spoke with a caller regarding a possible assault that occurred a few days prior and took a report.
• An Orcas deputy was assigned to investigate a possible domestic disturbance. The investigation is ongoing.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of malicious mischief in Friday Harbor. The reporting person said there had been damage done to a local business and requested additional patrols of the area.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a motor vehicle accident callback.
• A Lopez resident requested assistance with what they perceived as an ongoing harassment issue. The person was unable to have a constructive conversation and would not commit to providing a written statement about the issue.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a bike theft. The bike was returned, and a report was taken.
• A Lopez resident reported a male came onto his property uninvited. A report was completed, and the matter is under investigation.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a motorist for driving without a seat belt. The driver was issued a citation for driving without insurance.
• A motorist who was stopped by a deputy on San Juan for driving 45 mph in a 25 mph zone was issued a citation for speeding.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a motorist for failing to wear a seat belt. The driver was issued citations for the seat belt and for driving without insurance.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor issued a driver a citation for speeding and for not having proof of liability insurance.
• A Lopez deputy stopped and ticketed a driver for driving 50 mph in a 35 mph zone on Center Road. The driver was also warned for having an expired driver’s license and not notifying DOL of an address change.
• A Friday Harbor deputy issued citations to a driver for not having a valid driver’s license with ID, not having proof of insurance, failing to carry registration in the vehicle and failing to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk. The driver was also issued a warning for not wearing a seat belt.