The Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy responded to a report of threatening communications involving a juvenile. Information was gathered, and a report was forwarded to juvenile services for investigation.
• San Juan deputies responded to PeaceHealth hospital to investigate a reported dog bite.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report of vandalism at Brandt’s Landing. There are no suspects at this time.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report that the Sheriff’s Office speed radar trailer was flipped on Mount Baker Road. The trailer appears to have been intentionally flipped by unknown suspects. It is being inspected for damage, and the investigation continues.
• A deputy was dispatched to the Friday Harbor area in reference to an unattended death.
• A Lopez deputy was contacted regarding a possible unlawful eviction notice.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a welfare check request.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of harassment.
• San Juan deputies investigated a possible protection order violation. According to deputies, the report was not a violation.
• An Orcas deputy dispatched to a report of a person having counterfeit $100 bills.
• A Lopez deputy was called to a Lopez Village business after patrons became alarmed by the behavior of another customer. Staff had the situation diffused before the deputy arrived, and no crime had occurred.
• A deputy was dispatched to a reported animal problem on San Juan. The caller said there was an ongoing problem with their neighbor’s pigs. A warning letter was sent to the pigs’ owner.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a single-vehicle traffic accident.
• A Lopez deputy issued a citation to a driver for failure to stop at a stop sign at Hummel Lake Road and Fisherman Bay Road.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of an audible alarm. The home was found to be secure.
• Lopez Island deputies were sent to investigate a reported vandalism and trespass on private property. Upon investigation, the damage appeared to have been caused by recent storms. There was no evidence of trespassers on the property.
• A citizen reported a disabled vehicle parked along Mud Bay north of Vista Road with its hazard lights on. The car was later removed by its owner.
• Friday Harbor deputies responded to a report of a parenting dispute. Deputies were able to resolve the issue and the parents agreed to separate for the evening.
• A Lopez Island deputy was sent to check on a motorist who was passed out behind the wheel of a vehicle running along Fisherman Bay Road. The male driver was suspected of a drug overdose and was transported by EMS to the clinic for medical evaluation and care. Charges for driving under the influence are pending lab tests.
• A deputy responded to a walk-in delayed report of a vehicle prowler in Friday Harbor. There is no evidence nor workable leads at this time.
• An Orcas Island deputy issued a local man a citation for speeding 53 mph in a 35 mph zone on Olga Road.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a report of an assault.
• A deputy arrested a man in Friday Harbor on one felony warrant and one misdemeanor warrant. He was transported, booked into jail and is awaiting court.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding 37 mph in a 25 mph zone.