The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls:
An Orcas Island deputy was dispatched to an assault in the Eastsound area. The victim, a local woman, claimed she was followed into her home by a male subject and assaulted in the early evening hours. The scene was processed and a report was taken. The investigation is ongoing.
• A traffic collision occurred in Eastsound due to snow conditions. A report was taken.
• A juvenile on San Juan Island was reported as a runaway. A juvenile pickup order was signed by the reporting party.
• Fraud was reported in the San Juan Island area. The reporting party said someone called and requested remote access to their computer. The reporting party allowed this and then received a call from the bank advising that $500 had been charged.
• A San Juan Island deputy investigated a suspicious circumstance. The reporting deputy made contact with a vehicle in the Friday Harbor area. One person was arrested on out-of-county warrants ,and a second person was cited for driving while having their license suspended/revoked.
• An Orcas deputy received a report of a protection order violation. An investigation was conducted and a report was forwarded to the prosecutor’s office.
• A Friday Harbor mother reported her daughter as a juvenile runaway. The deputies searched for the runaway without success. The investigation continues.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of an abandoned vehicle. The owner was contacted and advised to move the vehicle.
• A Friday Harbor deputy was dispatched to a dog bite. The involved parties were contacted and a report was filed with San Juan County Health Department.
• A juvenile was reported as a runaway. A juvenile pickup order was signed by the reporting party.
• A Lopez Island deputy stopped a motorist after he saw him speeding near Lopez Village. He issued the driver a ticket for speeding.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle for speeding. The driver was issued an infraction for speeding 45 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a driver for not wearing a seatbelt. The driver was issued an infraction.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for speeding. The driver was issued an infraction for speeding 45 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle for speeding. The driver was issued an infraction for speeding 39 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A deputy arrested a man in Friday Harbor for an outstanding felony warrant for possession of heroin. After the arrest, the man was also found to be in possession of heroin and methamphetamine and was arrested.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a motorist who was traveling 51 mph in a 35 mph zone on Fisherman Bay Road. The motorist was issued an infraction for speeding.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a hit-and-run collision in the library parking lot. The female driver of a brown minivan backed into an unoccupied parked Honda. The driver exited the van, looked at the obvious damage to the Honda, and left the scene without leaving a note.
• A deputy investigated a possible theft from a Lopez residence. An informational report was completed.
• A deputy responded to a report of an animal problem on San Juan Island. The deputy gathered the information and a report was made.
• A deputy responded to a report of a trespassing issue in Friday Harbor. A trespass warning letter was generated and will be served to the individual involved.
• A Lopez Island woman found a dog running loose along Mud Bay Road and safely caught it. The owner was identified, and the dog was reclaimed and sent home. No further action was taken.
• A Lopez Island resident called regarding an aggressive dog in the neighborhood. Upon contact with the deputy, the owner agreed to take the dog and leave the area. A report was taken.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a single-vehicle collision. The vehicle damaged a section of wooden fence. The driver will be issued an infraction for driving with wheels off roadway.
• Deputies arrived at a San Juan Island residence to check on the welfare of a citizen. The citizen was ultimately transported to the hospital.