Submitted by Jim and Shanley Lett
Sept. 7, 2019, marked the fourth competition of the Wurst Golf Tournament, a benefit for Lopez Children’s Center. The weather was good and in addition to the fun scramble style golf, there was great food and great music by Sam Bernardi and the Cajun Band.
Eric Meng’s team which included Dick and Barbara Reiswig, Reese Hamilton and Greg Hamilton won the first place trophy after a chip off to break the tie with Tom Cowan’s team of Steve Levy, Curt Bonelli, Joyce Kruithoff and Broderick.
Other winners included the following:
• Closest to the stake, Reese and Barbara Reiswig.
• Closest to the line, Curt Bonelli and Barbara Reiswig.
• Longest drive, Jimmy Gouch.
• Men’s closest to the pin, Broderick.
• Longest putt, Ron Metcalf.