• Aug. 22: The 5:10 p.m. and 7:20 p.m. sailings departing from Anacortes; and the 6:15 p.m. Lopez Island to Anacortes and 8:45 p.m. Orcas Island to Anacortes are canceled.
• Aug. 23-29: All international sailings from Aug. 23 through Aug. 29 are canceled. We will provide updated timelines for international sailings as they become available.
• Aug. 23-29: The 6:15 a.m. Anacortes to Lopez Island and 7:15 a.m. Lopez Island to Anacortes sailings are canceled until the Hyak is returned to service.
• Aug. 22: Added 6:45 p.m. Anacortes to Lopez Island; 7:35 p.m. Lopez Island to Anacortes; and 10:30 p.m. Orcas Island to Anacortes with a stop at Shaw Island
Beginning Aug. 23 and until the Hyak is returned to service the following modifications have been made to scheduled sailings:
• 6 a.m. Anacortes to Orcas Island sailing will now allow vehicles traveling to Lopez Island.
• 6:25 a.m. Anacortes to Friday Harbor sailing will make an additional stop at Lopez Island.
• 7:35 a.m. Orcas Island to Anacortes sailing will make an additional stop at Lopez Island AND allow interisland vehicle traffic.
Submitted by Washington State Ferries
The M/V Hyak, running in position two, will be taken out of service this afternoon for urgent motor repairs. It will go to Eagle Harbor Maintenance Facility for repairs which will take an estimated week to complete.
Beginning Thursday, Aug. 23, all international sailings will be canceled and the Chelan will replace Hyak on its scheduled route. All reservations for the Sidney are canceled until Wednesday, Aug. 29.
The following sailings for Aug. 22 are canceled:
• Westbound: 2 p.m.; 5:10 p.m.; and 7:20 p.m. sailings departing from Anacortes.
• Eastbound: 3:45 p.m. Friday Harbor to Anacortes; 6:15 p.m. Lopez Island to Anacortes; and 8:45 p.m. Orcas Island to Anacortes.
Reservation holders on all departures will be prioritized over standby vehicles on a first-come-first-served basis for all remaining afternoon and evening departures. Vehicles without reservations will be loaded only if space is available after reservation holders are loaded. New reservations on all sailings will be unavailable for the remainder of the day.
Reservation holders unable to travel today will not be charged a no-show fee. WSF is exploring possible unscheduled sailings and will provide updates as they become available.
Visit the online schedule page to view the canceled position two departures and other remaining in-service sailings.